THE LIBRARY IS FUN!
Our library is open before school at 8:25 a.m. (9:20 a.m. on Tuesdays), during lunch, and after school until 4:00 p.m. We also have a Homework Club after school until 4:25 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
Things to do in the library:
- Check out books to read (two books allowed at a time for a two week period)
- Large collection of Spanish language library books
- School Loop – Check grades and homework assignments
- Play chess and checkers
- Fast Math and Fraction Nation practice
- Research using the World Book Online Encyclopedia in English and Spanish
- ID Card replacement ($3)
- Binder Reminder/Planner Replacement ($2)
- Pencils (10 cents) Binders ($2)
- Lost and Found Books
- A quiet, clean, friendly environment to come and READ, work on a computer or do homework.
Newbery Award Shelves --- Spanish Books are Grouped
NEW! Search for a book, find out how many AR points it is worth and if it is available ... and more!
The library inventory is now available to you from any computer with Internet access! Also, you will find a link to the search feature for all the books in the library on the main page (in the RED BOX) on School Loop.
If the book you want shows "0" available, you can click on the "0" and find out when the book is due back. Ask Mrs. Smeltzer to put a hold on the book and when it gets checked in, you will receive an email through School Loop telling you that the book is available.
You can put in your AR numbers (low number to high number) and search for books that you can test on. Remember that AR tests MUST be taken with your English teacher. No exceptions.
The link to search the database is: